Thursday, November 3, 2011

Welcome to Denim and Daisies, the DIY version!

I thought I’d introduce myself and also create my “About Me’ write up for my first post. My name is Brandy. I have three children and the “Denim and Daisies” is a nod to raising my sons and my daughter. I’ve happily raised boys for 19 and 9 years, respectively, but adding the daisies at nearly 40 years old was quite a welcome change.

I haven’t blogged since January 31, 2007 and that last post was titled “An Ode to Boogers”. A lot has happened in my life since that day I was lamenting boogers….an autism diagnosis, a divorce, a new relationship, three moves from three different states, a child who grew from mama’s boy to grown adult and a new baby. To say I’ve been thrown some curveballs is an understatement. I thought I knew who I was and what I was all about but the last four years have shown me that my journey in life and who I am is ever evolving. Through the changes and transitions I have relentlessly sought my niche in the world. I’ve been military brat, military wife, mother, ex-wife, girlfriend, scout leader. I’ve gladly worn many hats in my support of those I love but now I’m searching for the hat that belongs only to me.

In my search, I recently {re}discovered my love of creativity through that miracle known as Pinterest. I used to sew. I used to cross-stitch. I used to paint and refashion furniture. I used to create print and computer graphics. I used to do a lot of things that I loved but somehow on my life’s journey I lost those things and now I want them back! Pinterest reignited my creative passion and brought back the feelings of pride and accomplishment I used to have when finishing something I created, myself. So here I am. Throwing my new hat in the ring with the rest of the craft/DIY bloggers and sharing my experiences along the way. I promise to showcase my misses as well as the hits because I now know that celebrating the highs and recovering from the lows is part of what life is all about. I hope you’ll follow along my journey with me and I’d really love it if you decide to join in along the way. Cheer with me when something goes really right, laugh with me when something doesn't quite work out. Share your own projects, experiences and advice with me.

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” — Mary Lou Cook

Let's invent, experiment, grow, take risks, break rules (LOVE this one), make mistakes, have fun and be creative, together!



Denim and Daisies

No comments:

Post a Comment